Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Reading: My Favorite Pasttime


Ever since I was a little girl I have had a passion for reading and writing. I love to write poetry and I love to read poetic writers. People like Toni Morrison, Mya Angelou and Octavia Butler.... I don't read them dumb trashy sex novels because they do not teach you anything. My ultimate favorite book however is Things Fall Apart by Chinua Achebe. This book is so powerful and when you read it, it will change you. It is taught by black and white professors and teacher across the world. It is an iternationally known novel and very prestigious. Although it seems hard at first to comprehend once you finish it, you will be thinking damn that's so real. And even though it's based on earlier times it can relate to whatever you may be going through right now. Make sure you read this books #ThingsyouneedtodobeforeyouDIE
#realtalk